Mango

Thread: Could not find the ColdFusion Component ???Àæ?ØRø

Created on: 01/29/12 01:09 PM

New topic Reply    Page: 1  

Replies: 8
NBostaph

NBostaph's Gravatar

01/29/12 1:09 PM

Does Mango work with CF 7.0.2 still? The requirements list CF7.0.1, but I've been receiving a number of odd errors. The most recent being "Could not find the ColdFusion Component ???Àæ?ØRø" when I try to create my initial blog. The entry in the blogs table got created, but nothing else, and when I tried again I got the same error but with a different string of gobblygook at the end.

I'd appreciate any assistance anyone could offer. My server is sitting in the other room running:

Win2000 AS
CF 7.0.2
MySQL 5.1

Mango is installed in a subdirectory of my main website called "MangoBlog".

Thanks.
Link | Top | Bottom
Laura

Wizard
Laura's Gravatar

01/29/12 1:21 PM

I'm pretty sure it still does. Make sure you have uploaded all the files.
There are only certain plugins that now need a mapping (org/mangoblog/) but the blog itself should work.
Link | Top | Bottom
NBostaph

NBostaph's Gravatar

01/29/12 1:24 PM

Thank you for the quick response.

All of the files, including the empty folders, have been copied over to the server. I tried playing with the write and execute permissions on the website setup in IIS, but without success.

Do you know what the error message I posted could mean, judging by the step in the process where it occurred (just after blog creation)?

Thanks.
Link | Top | Bottom
Laura

Wizard
Laura's Gravatar

01/29/12 5:53 PM

I don't really know. Does it actually say that gibberish component name?

Enabling debugging would help more.
Link | Top | Bottom
NBostaph

NBostaph's Gravatar

01/29/12 5:58 PM

Laura,

Yes, it actually does have a string of giberish. Never seen something like that before in CF.

Debugging is enabled in CF Admin, but I don't get any details on the MangoBlog screens. Is there something that needs done to enable it there as well?

Thanks.
Link | Top | Bottom
visual28

Wizard
visual28's Gravatar

01/29/12 6:38 PM

Have you tried disabling all the plugins to see if it's plugin related?

To view the debugging, remove the line in Application.cfc that says <cfsetting showdebugoutput="false">

-
Mark - www.visual28.com | www.mangowear.com
Link | Top | Bottom
NBostaph

NBostaph's Gravatar

01/29/12 6:39 PM

There are no plugins; this is a fresh install as of this afternoon.

I'll try the debugging and see what comes back. Thanks.
Link | Top | Bottom
NBostaph

NBostaph's Gravatar

01/30/12 4:44 PM

I tried setting the cfsetting tag to true, but debug information is still hidden. I saw no more in the admin or setup sudirectory Application.cfc files. Could you please tell me what else needs done to enable debugging?
Link | Top | Bottom
NBostaph

NBostaph's Gravatar

02/05/12 1:18 PM

To be honest, I don't really even need the setup wizard to work. I plan to programatically create new blogs and users on the fly and was just going to use the initial blog as a set of sample data to determine what I need to add where.

Is there a set of documentation anywhere that goes over the database tables and what needs done to add new blogs, users, posts, etc?

Thanks.
Link | Top | Bottom

New Post

Please login to post a response.